General information about the University of Split (Arts Academy)
Name and address of the institution:
University of Split
Ruđera Boškovića 31
HR – 21000 Split
Arts Academy in Split
HR – 21000 Split
Erasmus code: HR SPLIT01
Institutional Coordinator (University of Split):
Head of the International Relations Office of the University of Split
Tel: +385 21 440 343
Fax: +385 21 440 344
Departmental coordinator (Arts Academy in Split):
Marko Zupan, Assistant Professor
Vice Dean of International Relations; Erasmus+ and CEEPUS coordinator
Tel: +385 21 360 178
Fax: +385 21 344 043
The academic year consists of two semesters.
The autumn/winter semester starts at the end of September or beginning of October, and lasts until the end of February. (Teaching period ends in late January, and is followed by the winter examination period.)
The summer spring/semester starts after the winter examination period in February (end of February or beginning of March), and lasts until mid-July. (Teaching period ends in the first half of June, and is followed by the summer examination period.)
Accurate information about the teaching period (weeks with classes), examination weeks, as well as public holidays and non-working days can be found in the Academic calendar. Link to the academic calendar: Arts Academy in Split + University of Split
- The start and end date of the mobility period indicated in the (Online) Learning Agreement must match the duration of the semester(s) at the Arts Academy in Split.
- In order to get a grade from a course, the student has to regularly attend lectures/classes and take an appropriate exam during the examination period.
- If a student decides to terminate his/her mobility before the end of the teaching period, he/she will NOT get a Transcript of Records.
- Incoming students must master the English language sufficiently before the exchange to participate actively during courses. If a student’s proficiency in English does not allow active participation, there is a high risk of failing assignments and examinations. This is entirely the responsibility of the incoming student and his/her sending institution.
- Erasmus+ students can take a Croatian language course (5 ECTS) at the Centre for Croatian Studies Abroad at the Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences in Split. More information is available here.
Signing an Erasmus+ Inter-institutional Agreement
Mobility within Erasmus+ for studies or teaching assignments requires an Inter-institutional Agreement. If you are interested in establishing cooperation with the University of Split (Arts Academy), please contact the Erasmus+ coordinator of the Arts Academy in Split: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Agreement will only be signed if the mobility is feasible, both academically and practically.
Nominating students for Erasmus+ mobility for studies
Information about the process of nominating students for their stay abroad at the University of Split can be found on this link.
Nomination deadlines (for student mobility coordinators):
- Autumn/winter semester: May 15th
- Spring/summer semester: October 15th
After the foreign partner institution nominates a student for mobility to the International Relations Office of the University of Split, the Office will send the student information on the application procedure. The Erasmus+ coordinator of the Arts Academy in Split will send the student instructions regarding the additional application materials/documents required by the Arts Academy in Split.
Deadlines for submitting application materials (for students):
- Autumn/winter semester: June 1st
- Spring/summer semester: November 1st
All required materials/documents must be submitted by the appropriate deadline.