The Theater Arts Department (with the Acting study program), founded in 2005, is the youngest section of the Arts Academy in Split. It grew out of an expression of the need for young actors and actresses in the theaters along the Adriatic coast; the Split Acting study program was conceived as a gradual process of educating the individual artistic personality of each student, with a lot of respect for individuality and personal sensibilities. Respecting the tradition of the Croatian practice in educating actors, the program follows classical and contemporary world pedagogical practices and places the choice of program content in the context of belonging to the Mediterranean cultural milieu.
The core of the program consists of Acting, Scene Movement and Scene Speech classes, performed in groups of up to eight students with an emphasis on practical work (exercises). The study program also offers comprehensive education in the fields of literature, the history of drama and theater, dramaturgy, Croatian language, phonetics, art history, psychology, sociology and foreign languages, with elective courses offered in the third year of study.
Split students of Acting gain the opportunity to partake in public performances in drama and music-stage productions in formal and informal collaborations with the theaters in Split and Dalmatia during their schooling.
Undergraduate Study Program
The Backelor of Arts in Acting is able to create roles and engange in professional artistic cooperation with all creators of the artistic process in professional theater, television and film, and alternative forms of perfomrance, in a wide range of genres and under a spectrum of creative demands of contemporary production practice.
Each four-year study program focuses on a particular field of acting education:
1st year: Action (organic action “on its own” within given circumstances)
2nd year: Role and character (recognizing and using their own character traits in creating different roles and characters in dramatic literature)
3rd year: Genre (“extensions” of action and personal character traits in creating genre-directed performance content)
4th year: The role (coordination of all the elements of the acting process in a complete creation realized in cooperation with all the creators of the artistic process in its performative forms).
Graduate Study Program
The enrollment requirement for the one-year graduate study program is passing an entrance exam which can be taken by candidates who have completed a four-year undergraduate acting degree consisting of at least 240 ECTS credits or by those who have completed a related study program (performing arts) with a minimum of 240 ECTS credits.
A Master in Acting is qualified for an individually created artistic work, based on exploring historical and contemporary aspects of acting practice which are applied in harmony with one’s own (acting) self.
In addition to preparing an independent graduate thesis with a mentor, the graduate study program in Acting offers insight into the History of Acting and Direction, as well as the Specialist Course in Acting and Directing for Film and Video.
- Izv. prof. Milan Štrljić: Gluma – Radnja I, Gluma – Radnja II, Gluma – Lik i karakter I, Gluma – Lik i karakter II
- Izv. prof. Goran Golovko: Gluma – Stil i žanr I, Gluma – Stil i žanr II, Gluma – Uloga I, Gluma – Uloga II
- Doc. Bruna Bebić: Scenski govor I, Scenski govor II, Scenski govor III, Scenski govor IV, Scenski govor V, Scenski govor VI, Scenski govor VII, Scenski govor VIII, Radiofonija I, Radiofonija II
- Izv. prof. Alen Čelić: Scenski pokret I, Scenski pokret II, Scenski pokret III, Scenski pokret IV, Scenski pokret V, Scenski pokret VI, Scenski pokret VII, Scenski pokret VIII, Scenski pokret – Akrobatika i mima I, Scenski pokret – Akrobatika i mima II, Scenski pokret – Mačevanje I, Scenski pokret – Mačevanje II, Scenski pokret – Maska imima I, Scenski pokret –Maska i mima II
- Izv. prof. Almira Osmanović: Scenski pokret – Osnove plesa I, Scenski pokret – Osnove plesa II, Scenski pokret – Osnove društveno-scenskog plesa I, Scenski pokret – Osnove društveno-scensko plesa II, Scenski pokret – Društveno-scenski ples I, Scenski pokret – Društveno-scenski pokret II
- Doc. Terezija Kusanović: Glazbeni izraz I, Glazbeni izraz II, Glazbeni izraz III, Glazbeni izraz IV, Tehnika songa I, Tehnika songa II
- red. prof. Slobodan Prosperov Novak: Povijest drame i kazališta I, Povijest drame i kazališta II, Povijest drame i kazališta III, Povijest drame i kazališta IV, Povijest drame i kazališta V, Povijest drame i kazališta VI predaje također i kolegije : Dramaturgija I, Dramaturgija II, Dramaturgija III, Dramaturgija IV
- Izv. prof. dr. Sanja Vulić: Hrvatski jezik s fonetikom I, Hrvatski jezik s fonetikom II, Hrvatski jezik s dijalektologijom I, Hrvatski jezik s dijalektologijom II
- izv. prof. dr. sc Srećko Jurišić: Književnost I, Književnost II, Književnost III, Književnost IV
- red. prof. dr. sc. Inga Tomić-Koludrović: Uvod u sociologiju, Sociologija kulture
- dr. sc. Daniela Matetić Poljak: Povijest umjetnosti I, Povijest umjetnosti II
- v. pred. Maja Frapporti Roglić: Psihologija I, Psihologija II
- v.pred. Katarina Perišić: Engleski jezik I, Engleski jezik II, Engleski jezik III, Engleski jezik IV
- Izv. prof. Milan Štrljić, izv. prof. Goran Golovko, izv. prof. Alen Čelić, doc. Bruna Bebić (mentori): Gluma – Diplomski rad (samostalni rad studenta s mentorom) I, Gluma – Diplomski rad (samostalni rad studenta s mentorom II)
- Red. prof. (T) Georgij Paro: Povijest glume i režije
- Red. prof. Slobodan Jokić: Gluma i režija na filmu i videu I, Gluma i režija na filmu II
- Izv. prof. dr. Ivan Urlić: Psihologija kreativnosti I, Psihologija kreativnosti II (izborni kolegiji)