The Painting Department of the Arts Academy of the University of Split was founded in 1997.
The department has experience in organizing student exchanges at the European level and as an institution has signed numerous cooperation agreements (Hochschule für Bildende Künste Braunschweig / Germany, FH Aachen – University of Applied Sciences / Germany, Fachhochschule Köln / Germany, Artesis University College / Belgium).
The Painting Department has organized and realized national and international co-operation on projects concerning student workshops and exhibitions at home and abroad (Academy of Applied Arts, University of Rijeka, Hochschule für Bildende Künste Braunschweig / Germany, École Supérieure des Beaux Arts de Toulouse / France, Escuela Nacional de Pintura y Escultura La Esmeralda Mexico City / Mexico).
The study program is open to the mobility of students in accordance with the principles of the Bologna process.
Head of department:
- red.prof. Viktor Popović
- 091 2600 306
- red. prof. (T) Nina Ivančić, red. prof. Viktor Popović, izv. prof. Ivan Kolovrat, izv. prof. Jadranko Runjić, doc. dr. sc. Blaženka Perica, doc. Vedran Perkov, poslijedoktorandica Sonja Gašperov, asist. Ivana Poljak
Associates from other departments:
- izv. prof. Edvin Dragičević, viš. pred., mr. sc. Barabara Gaj, viš. pred., dr. sc. Danijela Matetić Poljak, viš. pred., dr. sc. Ita Prančević Borovac, viš. pred., mr. sc. Katarina Hraste, viš. pred. Dragan Dužević, pred. Doroti Brajnov Botić, pred. Duško Violić, pred. Toni Horvatić
- izv. prof. Dean Jokanović Toumin, izv. prof. Kristina Restović, doc. Neli Ružić, izv. prof. Marin Gozze, pred. Edi Matulić, viš. asist. Ivana Resić-Šore, str. sur. Vesna Režić, str. sur. Petar Katavić, str. sur. Anita Miloš, str. sur. Lana Stojićević, viš. pred. Katarina Perišić
Undergraduate Study Program
- Duration: 6 semesters, 180 ECTS
- Entry Requirements: passing the State Graduation Exam (Level B) and passing the entrance examination
- Acquired title: Bachelor’s Degree in Painting
- Program preddiplomskog studija slikarstva
The student who has completed undergraduate studies in painting is prepared for independent exhibitions, professional cooperation in museums and galleries, participation as professional associates with architectural content, and in stage, film and television productions.
At the end of the undergraduate study program in painting, students can continue to study with a passed entry examination in the degree program of the Graduate School in Painting for two years or may, under the same conditions, enroll in a related graduate study program.
Graduate Study Program
- Duration: 4 semesters, 120 ECTS
- Entry Requirements: completed 6-semestser undergraduate study program
- Acquired title: Master’s Degree in Painting
- Program diplomskog studija slikarstva
Enrollment implies the completion of undergraduate study program of the Arts Academy in Split or a similar study program in the Republic of Croatia/EU, or the completion of architecturial or visual communication programs in the Republic of Croatia, with a passed entrance examination.
Enrollment is open to all BAs of the Arts Academy in Split, or those from similar study programs in the Republic of Croatia and the EU, as well as those from the study of architecturial or visual communication programs in the Republic of Croatia, with a passed entrance examination.
In the first and second semester of their studies, accepted candidates must take courses which the ECTS Coordinator determined were underrepresented in their previous education.
The Master in Painting, having finished the graduate degree program in Painting, has the competence to hold exhibitions, to be an associate in interdisciplinary research, to be an independent artist in the fields of painting and media art, and to create content for scenery, television, theater and video projects, galleries, and participate as a professional associate in architectural, stage and visual work and presentations.